‘Love your eyes’ is the message being promoted by independent Sheffield optometrist, Alex Gage in a bid to improve eye health during the forthcoming National Eye Health Week (17-23 September).
As part of the national Eye Love My Local Independent Optician campaign, Alex is urging people of the local community of every age to LOVE THEIR EYES and get them tested during National Eye Health Week if not before.
Alex said; “Worryingly, a recent survey* revealed that over two million people admitted to never having had their eyes tested, despite over half thinking they would benefit from an eye test. Eye health means more than just vision and regular eye examinations can reveal non vision related illnesses, so please book your appointment without delay.”
As an incentive, over and above the obvious health benefits, practices affiliated to the campaign are offering new or existing patients that book an eye exam before the end of National Eye Health Week the opportunity to win an iPad.
The national awareness week, run by Vision Matters, aims to promote the importance of eye health and the need for regular eye tests and is pulling together eye care charities and health professionals from across the UK to persuade people to take their eye health seriously.
Alex Gage, who owns practices in Woodseats and Crosspool concluded: “As part of the Eye Love My Local Independent Optician campaign, we are on a mission to encourage more people to take their eye health seriously. Without regular eye exams, dormant diseases and general health problems can lay undetected and in some cases prove fatal further down the line”.
Alex continued: “The health of our eyes is so very important, and as part of the awareness drive around National Eye Health Week we are encouraging local residents to visit their independent community optician and experience the very best in eye care. Practices that are part of the campaign will be identified by a window poster promoting the iPad competition.”
- Take a look at our fab new website!
- Congratulations, Cara on your 20th anniversary of joining us!
- Here’s how our eyecare plan can help you to save money on your glasses and contact lenses
- We’re one of a few to offer the Varilux X interactive personalisation experience
- Outdoor play benefits myopia say optometrists ahead of Get Outside Day
- RT @PPushbike: Please help find this bike! @HelpSheffield @CycleSheffield @CycleSad @CyclingInASkirt @EyeyeSheffield @sheffbicycle @SheffCi… 1 day ago
- RT @johnypitts: Been thinking of how Heidegger’s notion of ‘object oriented ontology’ might be invoked through photography- considering thi… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Eurovision: Nah then! 😉 Introducing Sheffield - a city known for producing distinctive and iconic music and home to a wealth of live mu… 2 weeks ago
- RT @7HillsBeer: PLEASE SUPPORT @SheffTigersRUFC NEW PITCH FUND RAISING. £5 a ticket. 1 in 1000 chance of winning 2 tickets to England v S… 3 weeks ago
- @chessICT Tried calling number and can’t get through what option should I use? 1 month ago
You Tube alex gage optom videos